- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper, March 8 - a sugary celebration of the last day before Lent
- Ash Wednesday Service, March 9, 7pm - marks the beginning of the season of Lent
- Weekly worship at 11am Sunday mornings
- Wednesday Lenten Meal and Bible Studies, 6pm - we will be doing a Bible Study on the life of Jesus leading up to his death on the cross. There will be a separate program for the children, also on the life of Jesus. The meal begins at 6pm, and Bible Study/children's program will begin roughly at 6:30pm on 5 Wednesdays in Lent, beginning March 16, and ending April 13.
- Palm Sunday, April 17, 11am
- Maundy Thursday, April 21, 7pm - a celebration of Jesus' Last Supper and the institution of the Lord's Supper
- Good Friday, April 22, 7pm - the day we remember Jesus' death on the cross
- Easter Sunday, April 24: Sunrise Service (with program by the children), Easter Egg Hunt, Breakfast, Service of Holy Communion at 10:00am
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Lent is the season of preparation for Easter. Traditionally in the church it has been a season of intensive prayer, penitence, almsgiving, self-denial, and fasting. It is a time for us as Christians to focus on the mystery of Christ's death and resurrection, and to examine how we live as Christians. It is a time for deepening faith, both individually and as a community. Please join us for the following services and events during Lent at Bethany:
The Fiber Flock meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month at 7pm at the church. We have a group of about 20 people right now - and not all of them are members at Bethany. We would love to have anyone join us who is interested! About half of the people in the group are beginners at knitting or crocheting, so even if you have never done either before, but would like to learn, please do join us. Our youngest member is 8-years-old, our oldest members are grandmothers, and we have all ages in between represented. So whatever your age, experience level, or gender - we'd love to have you!
Questions? Call 828-355-9710 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org