As it turns out, we've had a snowy Advent, a snowy Christmas, and a snowy beginning to Epiphany. We've had a few cancellations because of the weather, but hope to stay on track for the next couple of weeks. If you are interested in joining us, here's what's going on:
- Sunday, January 16: 10:00am Worship Service, 11:00am Congregational Meeting, Children's Program from 12-2
- Sunday, January 23: 10:00am Sunday School, 11:00am Worship Service, 12-2pm Evangelism Event: "Let Your Light Shine" - an even for all ages, for the whole congregation
- Sunday, January 30: 10:00am Sunday School, 11:00am Worship Service
We hope we don't get snowed out of too many more Sunday activities. During Epiphany we celebrate Jesus Christ, the light that has come into the world - the light which no darkness can overcome (John 1:5). And we are each called to let Christ's light shine through us, so that others may see our good works and glorify our father in heaven (Matthew 5:16). During Epiphany this year, we will have three congregational events to talk about evangelism, or how we can "let our light shine" before others. This will be a chance for the folks at Bethany to explore and discern what God is calling them to be and do in the future. So come on out for these events to join the conversation.
- Session One: January 23: What is evangelism? ("This little light of mine - I'm gonna let it shine!")
- Session Two: February 6: Relational evangelism - what does evangelism look like here? ("Jesus gave it to me - I'm gonna let it shine!")
- Session Three: March 6: Putting it into practice: Now what? ("Everywhere I go - I'm gonna let it shine!")
These events are held Sundays after church from 12-2pm, with lunch included. So what do you think? How is God calling you to let your light shine? Come join us!